Thursday 8 December 2016

FESTIVE COLOURS? | BLOGMAS DAY EIGHT

(as I am writing this, I can hear someone going down my road whistling jingle bells! How festive!)

Hi there! 
So this one today is more of a thoughts post. I was doing some thinking after a debate I had with someone recently, and I was thinking about how we have different labels. Now, thats a whole other post- one I am going to pre-write to go up after christmas/ in the new year. Anyhow, thinking about labels made me think about how we associate different colours with different things. One of the things with associate different colours with is seasons, and as we all know, it is currently autumn. So this got me thinking (rare, I know!). What colours do I associate with Autumn? Of course, like many other people, I choose the browns, the ashy tones, the reds, oranges, yellows, the warmer the colour the better! But I also thought- actually, there are many cold colours which I think of when I think of Autumn. The dark blues, verging on the edge of purple, the purples (of course!), the plums, the berry tones, the greens and more. Then theres the winter colours, the blues, the plums, the greens, reds and whites, even the beige and browns. There was so many I'd forgot about then I thought about it. 
This lead me to think about people and how there are many more of them. I thought about how people are just like colours, how easy we forget about them, but are stored at the back of our minds. 
I guess the point of this post is to say, let people know you care this christmas. Of course, I don't mean for you to make a massive gesture, like a present, sometimes, even a card to someone you don't normally send one to, just because you forget, might mean to world to them. Or even to your family, to say thank you for giving me the world. 
What colours have you forgotten about? Will you show them that you care? 
Thats just a 
Sprinkle of my world x

No comments:

Post a Comment