Wednesday 7 December 2016

BLUE BOOKS TO READ THIS CHRISTMAS! | BLOGMAS DAY SEVEN- COLLAB

Hello Everybody and welcome to blogmas day seven! 
-
Todays post is a collab with the absolutely amazing a day in the life of the anonymous me ! 
-
So today, I will be sharing with you my top BLUE books! If you don't know how this works, it is where I pick out some of my favourite books which have a blue cover/ spine! 
Sorry, had to include the wrong coloured spines! 
-
1. Frozen Charlotte
-
Okay, so I have a lot to say about this book. Also, I'd just like to point out that the version of this book that I have is the Zoella book club edition, so the spine isn't entirely blue like the original, but the cover is, so I guess that counts! 
Onto the actual book! I loved this book. I tore through this in less than a day- thats how amazing it was! Without giving away too many spoilers, this book is about a girl who plays with a ouija board (always a bad decision!) and asks of her dead cousin. This playing then leads to a chain of events, which all connect to the board. 
This book is definitely not one for younger readers due to the horror sometimes and scenes which may upset some readers, but is probably more suited to 12+ ( I'm not too sure on age ranges, it's just my guess, obviously you can read this if you are below 12, its just my recommendation) 
I'm not massively into horror type films, so I wasn't expecting to like this book, but as soon as I started it, I could not put it down. It's so gripping and every page leaves you wanting more. Probably one of the best books I've read in so long! 
-
2. All the Bright Places
-
This book is just amazing. I feel like the way that the issues within the book are described perfectly and the fit so well. This book was inspirational. It was everything I wanted in a book. Again, without giving too many spoilers, I am going to try and explain the story. The book is about a girl, Violet Markey, who is grieving over the loss of her sister and boy, Theodore Finch, who wants to take his own life. They meet on the ledge of the schools bell tower and their story unfolds from there.
I thought this story was fantastically told and beautifully written, although the end made me want to cry! (Please don't spoil it in the comments if you've read it, I don't want to ruin it for anyone!)
Also, I've heard they are making a movie out of this book, I am so excited for it!
-
3. Girl Online
-
Of course, I had to mention this one. I loved this book. The book is part of a trilogy and is about a blogger, Penny, from Brighton, who has an anonymous blog, Girl Online, which is actually where I got the inspiration for this blog from! For Penny, things are going from one bad extreme to another and when she has to go to New York for christmas, it feels like an escape. Although, she has to survive the plane journey! In New York, Penny meets talented boy, Noah Flynn. Noah doesn't know about Penny's blog, only her best friend Elliot knows, but he has a secret as well, one that threatens to ruin Penny.
I loved this book and I feel like Penny was written as a  relatable character. I also like how serious issues, such as anxiety, were discussed and well executed, (as written by anxiety sufferer, Zoe Sugg). I couldn't have loved the book more. I would really recommend giving it a read.
-
4. Lying about last summer
-
This book is about a girl, called Skye, who's sister has died in a tragic accident. A summer later, Skye attends a summer camp for grieving teenagers to try and get away and have fun again, until she starts receiving texts from someone claiming to be her sister.
I really liked reading this book. I thought it was a bit Pretty little liar style, but in a different way. I picked this up from the Zoella Book Club and thought it would be something that I would really like and I did. I really liked how it was written and it felt really well structured, with flashbacks explaining the events, making it easy to follow.
-
5. If I was your girl
-
Okay, I should probably start with the fact that this book was also from the Zoella book club, so it has a slightly different cover, but I can assure you that the original cover is blue.
This book is truly inspiring. The book tells to story of a transgender girl and her journey from being boy to becoming a girl and her struggles in high school and her family and friends accepting her in her new life and form. The book is written by a transgender women, so you can tell where her experiences have come from and made the book really well put together. I feel like if there is one book you must read from this whole list, it is this one. It was simply amazing, tear jerking and moving. I can't think of a more inspirational fiction book I've read.

-

The next blue book I want to read: The twelve days of Dash and Lily
-
Okay, so this book is in the Zoella Book Club and its getting around christmas time, so this is definitely one I would like to read this christmas!

-

I hope you enjoyed this collab and please go and check out a day in the life of anonymous me's blogmas and our collab! They really are an amazing blogger! I really hope you enjoy both our posts! I'll see you tomorrow!
-
Have you read any of these books? What books do you want to read next?
-
Thats just a
Sprinkle of my world x

No comments:

Post a Comment